Updated: May 26, 2019
The first time I tried these bite sized, vegan treats was when I created something similar for a new restaurant in Mysore. India.
They were made for the evenings opening event to cater to the vegan & vegetarians in the welcome circle.
Since this time back over the summer I am yet to use or find inspiration from this recipe until now...
With a few modifications to the original recipe for the retreat at Anahata in Ashwem beach, Goa to cater to the existing clientele it has never the less been the inspiration for one of the desserts that will be featured on the menu throughout the season 2018/2019. An although this recipe is exclusive to the retreat space I am going to share with you here a version of the Raw Vegan carrot cake that you can make at home, slightly similar in ingredients but no less delicious.
Enjoy if you make at home but if you do happen to find yourselves in North Goa between Arambol & Siolim do stop by at L'atelier Restaurant in Anahata Retreat in Ashwem, Goa. Right on the beach.
Many other Vegan dessert options on the menu created by myself this season and the restaurant itself is highly regarded and recommended in the area.
Hope to see you enjoying...
RAW VEGAN CARROT CAKE BITES W ORANGE CASHEW CREAM
24 Bite size pieces
VEGAN CARROT BITE BASE
• 2 1/2 Cups shredded carrots
• 1 Cup raw walnuts
• 1 Cup Pitted dates (soaked for 20 minutes)
• 1/2 Cup shredded coconut
• 3/4 Tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 Tsp nutmeg
• Pinch salt
1. Place shredded carrot in a bowl. Blend walnuts and dates together and add coconut
2. Stir in spices and salt. Then add carrot to the mixture and combine well#
3. With wet hands create small bite sized balls, place the balls on a baking tray an inch or so apart and gently press down to slight flatten the surface of the bites
4. Opt, you can melt a little dark chocolate and drizzle each with a little to add a bitter enhancement to the walnuts.
ORANGE CASHEW CREAM
• 1 Cup Soaked cashews (soaked for 8-10 hours)
• 1/4 Cup orange juice
• 3 Tbsp Agave nectar
• 1Tsp Vanilla extract
• 1/2 Tsp Orange zest
• 1/4 Cup coconut oil (melted)
• 24 Whole Raw walnuts (garnish)
• 2 Tbsp walnut dust (garnish)
1. Drain and rinse the soaked cashews
2. Blend cashews, orange juice, agave, vanilla, salt and orange zest until very smooth
3. Once smooth add melted coconut oil and blend
4. Add cashew cream to a bowl and place in the freezer for just over one hour
5. Place a spoonful over the bite sized carrot bases, add one walnut in each centre and sprinkle each with the walnut dusting.
Enjoy totally, fully, completely, with all of your being.