Updated: May 26, 2019
Usually I don't get too much of this when I make it. It’s a rarity if a get even two slices from the batch especially when I add the Vegan Dark chocolate chips!!
When in Southern California I would make this every couple of weeks (Usually for my neighbour who, when he found himself running low on his last batch he requested, ever so politely, a fresh batch - I think he was a little obsessed!)
It’s good for both breakfast & as a dessert.
With breakfast compliments of homemade almond, peanut or cashew butte or as a dessert accompanying this with vanilla cashew cream or something similar with fresh fruits goes extremely well.
So, enjoy, reap the benefits of the activated nuts, the ability to use and not waste old bananas and allow your taste buds to reap the delight this bread has to offer...
ACTIVATED WALNUT BANANA BREAD
• 4 Ripe organic bananas (brown spotted bananas)
• 1 and 1/2 Cups organic all purpose flour
• 1 and 1/2 Tsp baking powder
• 1/2 Tsp baking soda
• Pinch nutmeg
• Pinch cinnamon
• Pinch salt
• 1/3 Cup coconut sugar
• 1/4 Cup coconut oil (melted)
• 1/4 Cup soaked raw walnuts (soaked for 8 hours)
• 1/4 Cup Vegan dark chocolate chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 350ºF, greasing your bread pan with coconut oil
2. In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt
3. In a separate bowl, mash the bananas and add coconut sugar and coconut oil to the bananas and mix well
4. Gently fold in the dry ingredients just enough - try not to overwork the dough - this will make the result of the bread heavy and dense
5. Lastly, gently fold in your activated walnut pieces into the batter, (here you have an option to add the vegan dark chocolate chips)
6. Pour the batter into the greased pan
7. Bake at 350ºF for 30-40 minutes.
Enjoy totally, fully, completely, with all of your being.