VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER CUPS
• 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
• 1/4 Cup agave syrup
• 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
• 1/4 Tsp salt
• 1 1/4 Cups 85% + dark chocolate
1. In one bowl mix together the peanut butter, Agave syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. It will form a sort of soft dough - You have an option to warm the peanut butter through by placing the bowl in a pan of hot water to make it a little easier to manage
2. In a double boiler melt the dark chocolate / or use the above method of bowl over hot water
3. Prepare paper or silicon cake cases ready to pour the melted chocolate
4. Take a piece of the peanut butter dough and form a disc or keep peanut butter that is slightly warmed ready to hand
5. Pour around 1/2 Inch of the melted chocolate in the base of each cake case and place in freezer to set for around 20 minutes
6. Once set, place around a teaspoon of the peanut butter in each case and finish by pouring enough melted chocolate to cover the nut butter
7. Place in fridge and allow to set.
You can substitute the peanut butter with any other nut butter of your choice. You can go one step further by making you nut butters from scratch.
I have finished these Peanut butter cups with a topping of Cacao nibs and ground Chikki ( An Indian coconut & Jaggery sweet)
Enjoy totally, fully, completely, with all of your being.