I absolutely love making these little coconut treats! In fact, only this morning did I create a blue spirulina & vanilla bounty cake batch that are still in the freezer setting!
They are super easy, super quick, inexpensive to make and are very tasty - a nice twist to the original bounty but its completely vegan and can be individualised with various flavours like 'Cherry pink pitaya' to 'Blueberry' or the straight up 'Bounty'.
Here I have chosen to share with you the recipe for this vegan, acai & blackberry upside down bounty cake but feel free to switch the fruits and superfoods up to suit your taste...
• 2 Cup organic dissocated coconut
• 1/4 Tsp Vanilla bean powder / Vanilla essence
• 1 Cup frozen blackberries (pulse blended)
• 1 Tsp Acai powder (I use Unicorn Superfoods powders and they work perfectly!)
• 1/2 Cup organic coconut milk
• 1/4 Cup organic coconut cream
• 1/4 Cup maple syrup
• Pinch pink salt
FOR THE TOPPINGS
• 1/2 cup organic cacao powder
• 1/4 coconut oil (Melted)
• 2 Tbsp maple syrup
• Pinch pink salt
• Sprinkle of Acai powder to plate
And these particular desserts were finished with seasonal edible fresh flowers from @delicatelyedible
1. Place the coconut into a large mixing bowl and add salt. In a separate, smaller bowl, mix the coconut milk, cream, vanilla, blended berries, superfood acai & maple until evently combined
2. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix
3. Mix all 'topping' ingredients of cacao, maple, coconut oil & salt then spread the topping into a large shallow baking tray or into individual sillicon molds, spread a thin even layer and place into the freezer for around 15 minutes to set
4. When set remove tray or molds from the freezer and add coconut mixture then press down just gently enough to not have the result dessert be too dense, but just firm enough that the coconut is even layered and no air pockets when you remove to serve
5. Place in the freezer and allow to set for at least two - four hours
6. Remove from the freezer around 30 minute before serving and plate as desired
Enjoy totally, completely & with all of your being.