Updated: May 24, 2020
A beautiful, light and asian infused slaw packed with goodness & nutrition. This is a completely vegan hemp, miso, white sesame & almond coleslaw made using Lets Go Less Hemp products.
I was first introduced to the Brand Lets Go Less hemp while in Ashvem beach and I met the lady behind "Lets go less" - a brand that creates hemp body & beauty care. We started talking and she mentioned how they also supply organic hemp food products like cold pressed hemp oil and hemp hearts.
We spoke further and decided we would love to work together and over the next days she dropped a large amount of samples to me so I could create a few dishes for their new cookbook!
Along with this recipe I have recently developed two more recipes for the brand and continue to create a number of dishes over the coming weeks for them - something to keep me busy while inside...
This salad is super easy to make and very refreshing! Its perfect for a hot summers evening salad to accompany a staple food like potatos or a simple red rice dish!
Once I made this I didnt stop making every other day for around a week it's so tasty!
Serves 2 - 4
* 2 cups shredded coleslaw
*1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
* 1 Tbsp hemp hearts
* 1 Tbsp white sesame
1. Place al ingredients into steel bowl and stir well - Place to one side
MISO MAPLE ROASTED ALMONDS
*1/4 cup almonds (Crushed)
* 1 Tbsp maple syrup
* 1 Tsp Miso paste
* Drizzle coconut oil
1. Place a pan on stove, add coconut oil and heat the pan
2. Take the maple and miso paste and blend in hand blender until smooth. Then add crushed almonds and coat evenly in the sweet paste
3. Place the coated almonds into the heated pan and roast for a few minutes. Then remove from head and place the almond onto a paper towel
* 1 Tbsp soy / tamari
* 2 Tbsp lemon juice
* 1 Tbsp hemp oil
* 1 Tsp Miso paste
* 1/2 Tsp coconut oil
* 1/2 Tsp olive oil
* 1 Tsp sesame oil
* 1 Tsp crushed garlic
* Pinch salt
1. Place all the ingredients into a hand blender and blend until well combined.
2. Add the dressing into the bowl of raw ingredients and mix well then tranfer to the serving plates
3. To finish the dish sprinkle each serving with the crushed miso maple almonds & white sesame seeds.
4. Serve immediatly
Enjoy totally, completely & with all of your being.