A plant based dessert recipe development using Anima mundi's organic Rose powder for the dessert cashew and strawberry filling and brand Hempika's organic hemp hearts in the pistachio base...
ANIMA MUNDI APOTHECARY
"Our Apothecary is composed of organic, wildcrafted, and ethically grown botanicals. We aim to continuously source pristine, unadultured and wholesome medicines for mind body and soul wellness. Anima Mundi is devoted to making vibrant and medicinally potent remedies that honors the principles of harmony and ancient formulation that have years of anecdotal and traditional evidence.
Anima Mundi’s roots are within the heart of Costa Rica and Brooklyn. Our founder Adriana moved to Brooklyn with a mission to bridge remedies from native people within Central and South America, to modern day needs and imbalances. Since our evolution out of Adriana's tiny in-home office space, our apothecary has sustainable grown to contain over 200 different herbs from around the world, providing retailers, SPA's, hotels, boutiques, holistic doctors and physicians, trustable and well-sourced remedies. We believe in sustainable growth, from the inception of the plants we use, to our business practice. Our project educates and supports true fair trade practices, beyond organic farming, education, small farmers to create remedies that benefit people from all walks of life."
ANIMA MUNDI APOTHECARY
"Rose petals and their medicine help to move and open a heart which has tightened emotionally and spiritually. In both Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and the Unani (Greek-Arabic medicine) traditions, the heart is believed to be a physical organ and the seat of consciousness. TCM uses the term shen, while Unani medicine talks about pneuma. Both schools teach that rose has a powerful affect on the spiritual state of one’s heart. Unani medicine has a category of heart herbs termed as “exhilarants”, which help the spiritual heart feel joy. Rose is considered both a shen tonic in TCM and an exhilarant in Unani medicine.
A wonderful nervine, great for uplifting the mood and alleviating depression, rose also has antispasmodic, aphrodisiac and sedative qualities, as well as being anti-inflammatory. Rose helps regulate menstruation as well as stimulate the digestion. "
ANIMA MUNDI APOTHECARY
"Hempika comprises experts who have spent years studying the beneficial effects of industrial hemp and continue to admire its enormous potential. We complement and upgrade traditional practice with the latest findings and a cutting edge approach.
We strive to provide superior products with a high concentration of cannabinoids so that each product represents the fruit of our combined knowledge, hard work and enthusiasm.
But the path from seed to final product takes quite a bit of thought and foresight. It is only by taking careful steps that we can guarantee the purity, safety and best possible consumer choice in our final product line.
We plant only certified industrial hemp that contains a higher concentration of cannabinoids as per the List of Varieties of the EU.
We pick our hemp by hand during optimal trichome ripeness by taking the upper third part of the plants, including the buds and young leaves.
Our hemp is ecologically grown without the use of pesticides, herbicides or chemical fertilizers." HEMPIKA
HEMPIKA ORGANIC HEARTS
Shelled hemp seeds or hemp hearts are a perfect source of omega fatty acids, vegetable protein and fibers.
A plant based strawberry cashew cheesecake W pistachio & hemp base finished W freeze dried strawberries & melted dark
Serve Est. 4
Dish Type. Dessert / snack
Freezer friendly - 1 Month
* 1/4 cup organic hemp hearts
* 1/4 cup pistachio flour
* 2 tbsp coconut flour
* 4 soaked dates
* 2 tbsp coconut oil
* 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
1. Take a bowl & add hemp hearts, pistachio flour, coconut flour, coconut oil & vanilla paste
2. Place the soaked dates into a hand blender and add a little of the date soaked water blend until smooth
3. Add the date paste to the flours and mix until well combined
4. Roll out the base and with a small cookie cutter cut four equal bases and freeze for 2 hours.
* 3/4 cup soaked cashews
* 1/4 cup freeze dried strawberries
* 1/4 cup any plant based milk
* 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
* 1/4 cup agave syrup
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 2 tsp rose powder (optional)
1. In a hand blender blend all ingredients until smooth
2. Take a mould similar in size to the cookie cut bases and evenly pour between four
3. Place in the freezer for 4-6 hours to set
* 2 tbsp melted dark vegan chocolate
* 2 tbsp freeze dried strawberries
* Pinch of rose powder
Take the separate bases and fillings from the freezer
2. Remove the fillings from the moulds and gently place on top of each base
3. Cut the desserts into equal 1/4 and drizzle each slice with dark melted chocolate then lastly sprinkle with freeze dried strawberries
4. Take a plate and drizzle with melted chocolate and gently place one of the desserts in the centre then finally add a pinch of rose powder to finish.
Enjoy totally, completely & with all of your being.