PLANTFEED// "ANIMA MUNDI Herbal Series // King oyster W Thyme & Collagen nutcream."// by Kelly Mason
Updated: Nov 23, 2020
ANIMA MUNDI APOTHECARY
"Our Apothecary is composed of organic, wildcrafted, and ethically grown botanicals. We aim to continuously source pristine, unadultured and wholesome medicines for mind body and soul wellness. Anima Mundi is devoted to making vibrant and medicinally potent remedies that honors the principles of harmony and ancient formulation that have years of anecdotal and traditional evidence.
Anima Mundi’s roots are within the heart of Costa Rica and Brooklyn. Our founder Adriana moved to Brooklyn with a mission to bridge remedies from native people within Central and South America, to modern day needs and imbalances. Since our evolution out of Adriana's tiny in-home office space, our apothecary has sustainable grown to contain over 200 different herbs from around the world, providing retailers, SPA's, hotels, boutiques, holistic doctors and physicians, trustable and well-sourced remedies. We believe in sustainable growth, from the inception of the plants we use, to our business practice. Our project educates and supports true fair trade practices, beyond organic farming, education, small farmers to create remedies that benefit people from all walks of life."
Owner & Herbalist
"I am the herbalist, medicine maker, educator and founder over at Anima Mundi. I'm originally from Costa Rica and started Anima Mundi several years ago in Brooklyn as a means to bridging ancient remedies to the modern world. My heart was to create a true farm to pharmacy experience through the art of medicine making with herbs. We offer a wide spectrum of remedies and plants from around the world, integrating from several traditions that I've studied over the years, such as rainforest tribal styles, Ayurveda, Chinese-Daoist Medicine, and European style alchemy. I believe that by preserving these ancient forms of indigenous botany, we keep alive a very sacred aspect to our source. Anima Mundi was founded with the intention to bridge ancient healing traditions and plant remedies as a form as grass roots healthcare for today's world."
"An extraordinary mix of herbs that naturally boost collagen in the skin and body. Our formula is composed of adaptogens, ancient herbs and flowers known to support and beautify, repair, and restore. This blend is an excellent plant based solution to those that want to strengthen their bones, nails, hair, tissue and skin with 100% herbs. Our plant based collagen is easy to use and bioavailable.
About our formula:
• SILICA + CALCIUM: Enhanced with horsetail and nettles which helps build the body's own natural production of collagen with collagen co-nutrients such as silica and calcium for beautiful hair, skin and nails.
• ADAPTOGENIC: Boosted with adaptogenic powerhouses, like Fo-Ti and Gynostemma for their beautifying chemistry. *Adaptogens are rare and remarkable plants that increase the body’s ability to counter and resist physical, chemical, biological, emotional, and environmental stressors by raising nonspecific resistance toward such stress. They decrease the organism’s susceptibility to illness by allowing it to “adapt” to the stressful circumstances. Adaptogens support metabolism, help restore balance to the immune, nervous, and endocrine systems, and allow the body to maintain optimal homeostasis. They usually also benefit the liver, cardiovascular system, kidneys, and pancreas.
• YOUTHFUL GLOW: Our collagen supplement helps restore and maintain youthful levels of collagen and keratin."
Anima Mundi Herbals
Serve Est. 1-2
Dish Type. Main
MACADAMIA COLLAGEN CREAM
* 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
* 1/4 cup filtered water
* 1 Small shallot (Minced)
* 1 Tsp fresh thyme
* 1 Tsp Maple
* 1 Tsp Collagen booster
* 1 Tsp lemon juice
* 1/2 Tsp truffle oil
* 1/2 Tsp black pepper
* Drizzle olive oil
* Pinch agar agar powder
* Pinch sea salt
1. Blend the water, macadamia nuts, thyme, lemon, truffle oil, maple, black pepper, agar agar and sea salt.
2. Heat a pan and add olive oil then the minced shallots until they slighly brown.
3. Transfer the shallots to the blended ingredients and blend until well combined.
4. Add the nut cream to the pan and heat for around 5-8 minutes on a simmer then remove from heat and allow to slightly cool before adding the Collagen powder.
5. Leave to one side while you prepare the kale and the Oyster mushrooms.
Note: You can sieve the cream to make it smooth however I don't.
* 3-4 King Oyster mushrooms (Slice into thick scallop like discs)
* 1 cup fresh kale
* 1 Tsp coconut oil
* Drizzle Maple syrup
* Drizzle olive oil
* Pinch sea salt & black pepper
1. Take a pan, add coconut oil and bring to a high heat then add each scallap disc into the pan and sear for around 2 minutes on each side or until slightly brown
2. Remove from heat and drizzle maple and a little salt and black pepper over the mushrooms and place to the side
3. Drizzle the fresh kale with olice oil and salt and place under a hot grill until charred and crispy
* 1 Tsp Macadamia nuts (Shredded)
* 1 Tsp Thyme flowers
* 1 Tsp dried elderflowers
ART OF PLATING
1. Take a few spoons of macadamia cream and place in the centre of each plate
2. Take a handful of crispy kale per plate and place ontop of the plated cream then place the seared mushrooms in and around the plated kale
3. Finally you can drizzle with a little more nut cream and finish with shredded macadamia nuts, Thyme or Thyme flowers and seasonal edible dried flowers ( I chose elderflower as they are in season ) .
Enjoy totally, completely & with all of your being.