Updated: Nov 23, 2020
SPIRIT NOURISHING : IMMUNE PROTECTION : FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH
"The reishi mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum), an edible type of medicinal fungus that has been used for various healing abilities for thousands of years, is a true “superfood.” Also known as Ling Zhi in Chinese, these mushrooms are strongly anti-inflammatory and tied to longevity, better immune function and mental clarity — perhaps that’s why they’ve adopted the nickname “king of mushrooms.”
"The Reishi mushrooms are capable of offering protection against numerous diseases or illnesses, including:
*fatigue (including chronic fatigue syndrome)
*frequent infections (urinary tract, bronchitis, respiratory infections, etc.)
*food allergies and asthma
*digestive problems, stomach ulcers and leaky gut syndrome
*tumor growth and cancer
*viruses, including the flu, HIV/AIDS or hepatitis
*heart disease, hypertension, high blood pressure and high cholesterol
*sleep disorders and insomnia
*anxiety and depression."
With all this being said I have fallen head over heels in love with creating new plant based recipes that include all of the goodness that this superfood adaptogen powder provides and I cant wait to share with you all the other recipes I have in store but for the time being I would love to tease you with this new savoury dishes inspired by and built around the "King of Mushrooms"Reishi...
Serve Est. 1-2
Dish Type. Main
* 1/4 Cup pearl barley
*1 1/2 Cup Wild mushrooms
*1 small shallot (Thinly sliced)
*1 Tsp coconut oil
*1 Tsp Maple syrup
* 1Tsp dried tarragon
* Pinch salt / Black pepper
* Optional dried flowers; Rose; Chamomile; Apple blossoms
*Sprinkle of Dried tarragon
1. Cook the pearl barley and just before all the water is absorbed remove from heat - Add salt, pepper, tarragon and 1 Tsp of reishi power, stir, then cover with a lid and set aside (Try not to add the reishi powder when the barley is too hot as you can risk over heating the beneficial and medicinal properties of the powder)
2. Take a wok / frying pan ( I always use a wok ) and heat the coconut oil.
3. Add the thinly sliced shallots and once softened add the wild mushrooms then cook for around 3 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and immediately drizzle in the maple syrup and a small pinch of crushes sea salt and black pepper.
5. Place a bed of the cooked and infused pearl barley onto a serving plate and layer the maple marinated mushrooms on top.
6. Sprinkle with Dried tarragon and edible flowers and serve immediately.
Enjoy totally, completely & with all of your being.