Updated: May 26, 2019
The first time I was exposed to such a recipe was back in 2014 when I was completing my Yoga teacher training course in Chiang Mai.
During my time onsite learning we were provided only Sattvic foods, no sugar, nothing too sweet or pungent so you can only imagine how heightened my taste buds were and the experience I had once the training was almost complete, and I tasted this coco-nutty delight.
I have been making similar ever since. It’s very basic ingredients and sweetly effective for giving the consumer the sweetness they need with only five ingredients consisting of only Coconut milk, Vanilla bean, Vanilla extract, Organic cane sugar & Sea salt.
VANILLA COCONUT ICE CREAM W HOME ROASTED MAPLE CASHEWS
VANILLA COCONUT ICE CREAM
• 2 x 14 Ounce coconut cream cans
• 1/2 Cup organic cane sugar
• Pinch sea salt
• 1 vanilla bean pod, split and scraped
• 2 Tsp vanilla extract
1. The day before place your ice cream bowl in the freezer to chill
2. When you are ready to prepare the ice cream take a separate bowl and add coconut milk, organic cane sugar, sea salt, vanilla bean seeds and vanilla extract to a high-speed blender, blend until completely creamy and smooth for around 1-2 minutes until the sugar is fully dissolved
3. Add mixture directly to chilled ice cream maker and churn according to ice cream maker's instructions. This process usually around 45 minutes
4. Once complete with the churning process then transfer the ice cream to a large freezer-safe container
5. Cover and freeze for at least 4-6 hours.
Set out for 5-10 minutes before serving to soften and you can keep the ice cream in the freezer for up to 10 days although best when it is consumed fresh with the warm maple cashews.
HOME ROASTED MAPLE CASHEWS
• Cup raw soaked cashews (soaked for 8 hours, washed & dried)
• 2 Tbs maple syrup
• Pinch sea salt
1. Place cashews into hot pan and roast
2. As the cashews begin to brown add turn off the heat and drizzle the maple onto the nuts and stir
3. Separate and place the maple coated cashews on kitchen paper and allow to cool
4. Serve instantly while hot with the pre made coconut ice cream or place cooled cashews into an air tight glass container and store for up to seven days in the fridge.
Enjoy totally, fully, completely, with all of your being.